I aim this book towards anyone that has ever wanted to do a DIY, fair-chase elk hunt, but has little experience with the vast areas of the West.
This book is for the person that has the desire, but needs a little encouragement to plan a hunt trip.
I hope to convince you that you can hunt elk on public land with general tags and have an amazing experience. I also will try to make sure you are aware of logistic and survival issues you may not experience in other areas. No use having all that fun, then coming home dead.
10 Years older, but not 10 Years Wiser
Elk hunting does not have to be outrageously expensive and you don't have to win the lottery to hunt elk. Both residents and non-residents can hunt elk every year with general season tags in 6 Western states.
You should apply for limited entry tags every year, but why wait 10-12 years to hunt. Think about it this way. If it takes you 10 years to draw a limited entry tag and you do not hunt any of the general seasons while you wait to win the lottery, you will be 10 years older, but you will not be 10 years wiser. When you finally get the great hunting opportunity, you will still be an elk hunting rookie. Don't wait another 10 years.
DIY Elk Hunt on Public Land
The working title for this book was , with the original goal of answering questions and concerns for my friends and family, but this book has turned into much more and should be valuable to anyone that wants to do a DIY elk hunt on public land in the West.
The West has the last big sections of undeveloped land that support large populations of big game. Elk populations are still very good in most of the Western states and are even increasing in many states. How long will it last? Who knows? But I promise you this, if you ever give elk hunting a try, you will never regret it. You will regret waiting so long to start.
It took me over a year to put together this book, gathering information from many different sources so that it is now easily accessible to you all in one place:
- Information about where to find elk on public land in the West
- Important information needed to decide which of the 7 best states to hunt
- Where to find all the License & Tag information for 7 best states to hunt
- National Forests linked with Hunt Units for each of the 7 best states to hunt
- Gear, Physical Preparation & Realistic Target Practice Tips to Prepare for Hunt
- Elk Kill Zone & Ethical Shots
- Safety Tips for Backcountry, High Altitude & Bear Country
- Logistics - getting to camp, finding elk, packing meat out & getting it home
- Different habitat types, ecoregions and mountain ranges you can expect to find with links to photos
- Hunting strategies for different times of the season
- This book also includes many other resources to help you decide where to hunt
This book is going to show you a secret strategy to draw limited entry tags in each state.
This book is full of photographs - Since this is an ebook, photos are limited to save file size and reduce the cost of the book. You can find hundreds of pictures of elk online. Most embedded images are a few necessary maps and tables to help you decide where to hunt. This book links to dozens of maps, documents, resources and photos of different habitats, forest types, National Forests, ecoregions and mountain ranges.
Want To Know More?
It's never too early to begin planning and preparing for your elk hunt.
Download the today. Comes with 60-Day Money Back Guarantee. Click the "I want this!" button to purchase.
You'll get an instant download to a PDF file of the Elk Hunting Guide. 60-Day Money Back Guarantee!